1500 US Scholarships under “US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor” for Fall 2017 through HEC
Talent Farming Conferences and Workshops under “US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor” For Doctoral Studies at Ranked United States of America Universities for Fall, 2017.
The Government of Pakistan envisions enhancing enrollment in tertiary education up to 5 million by 2025 and establishing higher education institutions (HEIs) at district level. US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor aims to provide opportunities for 10,000 Pakistani scholars for Doctoral studies at ranked US universities, enabling Pakistani HEI’s to have highly qualified PhD faculty.
In the initial phase, HEC is focusing on sending 1,500 PhD scholars to US universities from Fall-2017. HEC will award Travel costs, monthly living expense, settling in allowance and Medical insurance fees to those who are admitted to US Universities for maximum of 3 years.
HEC in collaboration with US Educational Foundation in Pakistan has designed a programme of holding Talent Farming Conferences and Workshops for interested candidates to pursue Doctoral studies at US universities in the following fields:
Engineering & Technology, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary & Food Security, Business Leadership development, Emerging Technology – Micro-electronics: Computer Science, Telecommunications, Man-made Materials, Robotics, Bio-technology: Nanotechnology, Water Resources & Energy.
Talent Farming Training Conferences and Workshops
The talent farming will be conducted fortnightly, through an initial orientation session which will be followed by a workshop comprising 48 hours working hours. The orientation session will focus on awareness raising about challenges and opportunities of studying in the US Universities, to be conducted free of cost at HEC Islamabad and its four provincial regional centers.
Applications form are available at HEC website and aspirants can also download it from the link given below;
Last date to submit your application forms is November 4, 2016.
Note: Application forms should be submitted before the deadline.
The subsequent training sessions (48 hrs) will impart practical training in taking GRE/GMAT/TOEFL tests and writing personal research statements. For the training sessions shortlisted candidates will be required to pay Rs. 5000/- fee to HEC. The shortlisted candidates will also be required to furnish their academic documents.
In order to apply for more than one/two program (Orientation/Workshop/Training Session), you have to apply separately through a new application.
- To be eligible, the candidate must:
- be Pakistani/AJK national (dual citizens are eligible)
- Have strong academic background; have at least completed BS/MA/M.Sc. or
- comparable degree (16 years of formal education) from an accredited university. Preference will be given to MS, M Phil or comparable degree (18 years of formal education).
- Have a maximum age of 40 years for regular faculty members of public sector universities/colleges/public sector R&D organizations, subject to NOC issuance and for all other maximum age of 35 years or less, as on Nov 04, 2016.
- The eligible candidates will be served on first come first served basis and past academic performance.