JIT Panama Case Investigation has been finalized and JIT Panama Case is now back to Supreme Court. The JIT formed by Supreme Court of Pakistan submitted its full report consisting of 275 pages declaring mass discrepancies in the assets of sitting Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family members. The full report was submitted in the SC on 10th July, 2017.
The team members of the Panama Joint Investigation Team included Mr. Wajid Zia (PSP – Additional Director General FIA), Brigader Muhammad Nauman Saeed (Member ISI), Brigader karam Khurshid (Member MI), Mr. Amer Aziz (Executive Director State Bank of Pakistan), Mr. Bilal Rasul (Executive Director SECP), Mr. Irfan Naeem Mangi (Director NAB).
The key areas ans the cope of JIT was to examine;
- how did Gulf Steel come into being?
- what led to its sale, what happened to its liabilities?
- where did its sale proceeds end up?
- how did they reach Jeddah, Qatar and the UK?
- whether respondents No. 7 and 8 in view of their tender ages had the means in early nineties to possess and purchase the flat?
- whether sudden appearance of the letters of Hamad Bin Jassum Bin Jaber Al-Thani is a myth or a reality,?
- how bearer shares crystallized into the flats?
- who, in fact, is the real and beneficial owner of M/s Nielsen Enterprises Limited and M/s Nescoll Limited?
- how did Hill Metals Establishment come into existence?
- where did the money for Flagship Investment Limited and other companies set up / taken over by respondent No. 8 come from?
- where did the Working Capital for such companies come from?
- where do the huge sums running into millions gifted by respondent No. 7 to respondent No. 1 drop in from?
The supreme court of Pakistan adjourned the hearing Panama Case till 17th July, 2017 and instructed all the parties to come up on the said date for cross examination.