Eligibility Criteria for Phase-III of Ongoing PM Laptop Scheme
As Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan is responsible for the distribution of Free Laptops among the enrolled talented students on merit under Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme, so HEC has launched Phase-III of Laptop Scheme after Phase-I and Phase-II and announced the eligibility criteria for Phase-III.
Students enrolled in any of the degree programme, on or after the dates given below shall be considered eligible:
1. Students enrolled in PhD programme after June 30, 2015
2. Enrolled in MS/ MPhil (2 Years) after June 30, 2015
3. Enrolled in MBA (1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5 Years) after June 30, 2015
4. Enrolled in Masters (16 years) after June 30, 2015
5. Enrolled in Undergraduate (4/5 Years) after June 30, 2013/ June 30, 2012
6. Enrolled in Diploma of Associate Engineering after January 01, 2015
7. Enrolled in FA/ FSc* after January 01, 2016
*Only the students enrolled in colleges located in FATA and Islamabad Capital Territory Region
Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC.
- Students enrolled in PhD/ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18 year program
- Students enrolled in 1 or 2-year Masters degree program (morning and evening)
- Student enrolled in 4-year or 5-year Bachelor degree program (morning and evening)
- Students studying as distant learner in Virtual University of Pakistan or Allama Iqbal Open University.
Students studying in government degree or postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
Students’ eligibility and enrolment status as defined above shall be determined on the day of distribution of laptops at the HEI, however if there is any unforeseen delay causing ineligibility of students, then those students having their online application submitted and “Accepted for Merit” will maintain their eligibility intact.
Criteria for Students enrolled in distance learning program at VU and AIOU, and students of polytechnic institutes of Pakistan and AJK shall be defined in coordination with respective universities/ boards and will be updated accordingly.
No laptop shall be issued to those who have availed in the past from such initiative(s) taken by the government or by the higher education institute.
Please Note: Following students will NOT be eligible for laptops under this scheme:
- Students of any private sector higher education institutes
- Students of any government degree & postgraduate colleges except of Federal Capital and FATA
- Students who have received a laptop under any Federal or Provincial Government scheme
- Foreign nationals, except students from AJK and Indian Occupied Kashmir
- Any other students not listed above and/ or as identified and decided by the Steering Committee.