State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has issued new/fresh currency notes for year 2017/1438 and has also defined the way to get it. Any person holding a CNIC can get the fresh currency notes from 12th June, 2017 from the designated banks.
The procedure to get the fresh currency notes is very simple and adoptive. Any person having valid Pakistani National Identity Card (CNIC) can get fresh currency notes on this Eid ul Fitr in 2017 by sending an SMS to 8877.
This offer by SBP is limited and the nationals can may apply to get fresh currency notes from 12th June, 2017 to 23rd June, 2017.
Procedures to apply for it.
SMS from Mobile
- Send a mobile SMS on the short code of 8877.
- Write your computerized national identity card (CNIC) number, put space and write bank branch id No and send on 8877.
- In return you will receive transaction no. and bank branch address.
- You will also be informed about the date on which you can get the fresh notes.
- After that, when day will come, take original CNIC card and its photo copy with you on the day when you will visit the Bank branch.
How many Fresh Currency Notes you can get?
You can receive new currency note of Rs. 10, Rs. 50 and Rs. 100. The volume of each currency notes copy is as under:
- Fresh Currency Note of Rs.10 = 3 Copies
- Fresh Currency Note of Rs.50 = 1 Copy
- fresh Currency Note of Rs.100 = 1 Copy
If you want to get full package then the total amount you are supposed to be paid is equal to 18000 rupees. But, if you do not want to get all packets you may choose the option by yourself according to the money you can pay.
The person intending to take just one packet can also opt for this step, however, maximum number of currency packets given to one person will be 5 (3 of Rs. 10, 1 of Rs. 50 and 1 of Rs. 100).