Lahore (22nd November, 2016): The LDA officer went on peaceful strike after an official (belonging to CBA union) mishandled a senior officer. The alleged incident happened on Friday (11th November, 2016).
The LDA officers protested against the said incident and placed their six point demands in front of LDA authority. Today, the Director General LDA has banned from entering the premises of LDA all offices of six people, including five dismissed officials and chief security officer to have to implement strictly the ban directed.
Mr. Waseem, Mr. Tahir Mahmood, Mr. Bashir, Mr. Jameel Pirzada and Mr. Rana Muhammad Hanif have been include in the banned persons list. This ban seems to be taken in the light of demands by the officers.
The demands by the officers included the following:
- Lodging an FIR against Rana Irshad, Walayat Khan, Naeem Ullah and Rasheed Baig, etc. on account of physical torture of Mr. Shafqat Niaz Kang while performing official duty as a Government Servant.
- Suspension of all accused and initiation disciplinary proceeding against them.
- Forwarding reference under Industrial Relation Act-2010 on account of unfair labour practices u/s 18 against CBA to the relevant forum.
- Issuance of circular/office order by the administration regarding code of conduct of CBA and restricted them to submit their demands to the LDA Administration/Management and prohibiting them from illegal intervention in the official working of LDA officers/officials.
- Shifting of CBA office from LDA Johar Town Office Building.
- Postponement of oath taking ceremony of CBA till the outcome of FIR, reference under IRA-2010 and disciplinary proceeding against the accused.
The protestants have been assured that such incident will not happen again in the premises of LDA. The peaceful protest which continued on daily basis for at-least a week has now ended today.