Prime Minister’s Youth Programmes are creating opportunities for talented Pakistan. In line with the Government’s vision and mission to promote education and facilitate students to the maximum, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) is proud to announce “Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme” for students of less developed areas for consecutive fourth year.
The programme is for Masters, MS/M.Phil and PhD students. Full tuition fee, Registration and Admission fee and other academics related charges of students who meet the eligibility criteria will be paid by the Federal Government through HEC.
- Domicile holders of mentioned less developed areas.
- Masters and MS/M.Phil students studying in HEC recognized Public Sector Universities and Postgraduate Colleges located in the territories of their respective province/area of domicile and for FATA’s students, institutions located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- PhD students enrolled in HEC recognized Public Sector Universities or public sector degree awarding Institutions across Pakistan.
- Students studying in Evening programmes where fee structure is same as of the morning programmes.
Less Developed Areas included in Scheme:
- Entire regions: Baluchistan, AJ&K, Gilgit /Baltistan, FATA, Interior Sindh, South Punjab.
- Other Districts:
- Punjab: Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar and Attock.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Chitral, Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Swat, Buner, Shangla, Malakand, Kohistan, D.I.Khan, Tank, Lakki Marwat, Batgram, Kala Dhaka/Torghar, Kohat, Bannu, Ha ngu, Karak.
- Domicile holders of regions/districts not approved in the scheme.
- Students enrolled in self-finance and distance learning programmes.
- Students already availing any other scholarship.
- Any Diploma, Bachelors or four years Bachelor’s Degree Programme.
- Masters, MS/MPhil students of less developed areas studying outside their domicile areas.
- Rs. 5 Billion utilized for Reimbursement/waiver of 108,036 students of Master’s, MS/M.Phil and PhD of Less Developed Areas.
- Inclusion of 114 districts in the Scheme
- Allocation of Rs. 2.5 billion for financial year 2016-17
- Facility of Waiver/ reimbursement for New Admissions of Fall- 2016 and Spring -2017
Guidelines for Newly Admitted Students:
- Students must apply through online system i.e. PNP PM’s FRS Online Portal or http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/ by 15th November 2016.
- Those students who will apply through online system and subsequently approved by respective universities/post graduate colleges will be considered for this scheme.
- HEC reserves the right to cancel candidature of any student at any stage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For details, please visit pmfrs.hec.gov.pk, http://hec.gov.pk/site/frs
Higher Education Commission Islamabad – Pakistan
Ph: +92 51 90400000