Public Holidays in Pakistan in 2018
The Ministry of Interior, Islamabad has notified the official public and optional holidays for the year 2018.
The following holidays are declared public and all public and private offices, schools, colleges and universities will remain closed, without any further order.
- Kashmir Day 5th February, 2018
- Pakistan Day 23rd March, 2018
- Labour Day 1st May, 2018
- Eid-ul-Fitr 1st Shawla 1439 A.H
- Independence Day 14th August, 2018
- Eid-ul-Azha 10 Zil Haj 1439 A.H – 22nd, 23rd & 24th August, 2018
- Ashura 9-10 Moharram 1440 A.H. – 21st & 22nd September,2018
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi 12 Rabi-ul-Awal 1440A.H – 21st November, 2018
- Quaid-e-Azam Day / Christmas 25th December; 2018
- Day after Christmas 26th December, 2018 (For Christians Only)
Besides these holidays, following holidays will be only for bank employees:
- 1st Jaduary, 2018 (Monday)
- 16th May 2018 (Wednesday), corresponding to 1st Ramazan 1439
- 2nd July, 2018 (Monday), 1st July is already holiday.
Moreover, there are certain days which are categorized under optional holidays. These optional holidays are for all Government servants desiring to avail themselves of Optional Holidays. However, they shall take prior permission of the Head of Office concerned and no Government Servant shall be granted more than one optional holiday in the case of Muslims and three optional holidays in the case of non-Muslims, in a calendar year.