SS Fully Funded International Merit Scholarship 2018-19 for Ph.D
The Govt. of the Punjab has launched “Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS)” under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, will be awarded scholarships for Ph.D level Education at the top ranked universities of the world.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world and play their role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan. The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
“Last Date for the receipt of applications in PEEF office is 29th March, 2018”
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/ssms.html)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000/- Maximum age of 35 years on 29th March, 2018
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past .
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
Existing permanent / regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS).
PhD Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Health Insurance
Discipline wise allocation of scholarships
Allocation of the scholarships is as follows:
- 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities and Arts.
Geographical distribution of scholarships
Geographical distribution of scholarships is as follows:
- 90% scholarships will be awarded to the students of Punjab.
- 10% scholarships has been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.