Traffic Police Lahore has notified the traffic diversion plan for 9th and 10th Muharram. Due to religious processions in some areas, the diversion routes will be enforced by more than one thousand traffic wardens and their senior officers.
The major traffic diversions are as under:
- Any sort of traffic entering from Shahdara towards Lahore will be diverted towards Railway Station.
- Traffic coming from Multan Road Chuburgi will be diverted towards Band Road from Commissioner Office, Outfall Road.
- Entry of all sort of traffic will be banned from Band Road Saggian Chowk, Lahore.
- Traffic from Androon Lahore will be en-routed towards Mori Gate, Urdu Bazar, Law College, Kachehri Road, Neela Gunbad.
- No traffic will be allowed from law College towards Chwok Jettergi an Urdu Bazar.
- No vehicle will be allowed from Masti Gate towards Ali Park and Taksali Gate,
- Lower Mall Road, Katchehri Chowk, Chowk Islamia, Data Sahib will be banned.
These traffic diversion are planned for smooth flow of traffic movement so that no religions procession is disturbed due to entry of vehicles.