United States Fully Funded OneBeat Music Exchange Program 2018
OneBeat Music Exchange Program Fully Funded to the United States of America has been announced.
OneBeat Music exchange program is a fully funded program to the united states of America. OneBeat is a music exchange and incubator for music-based social entrepreneurship, where innovative musicians from around the world launch collaborative projects designed to make a positive impact on local and global communities.
An initiative of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in collaboration with the groundbreaking New York-based music organization Bang on a Can’s Found Sound Nation, OneBeat employs collaborative original music as a potent new form of cultural diplomacy.
2018 Countries and Territories:
Albania, Algeria, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
- Applicants must be between 19 and 35 year old during the program dates (Sept 12 – Oct 14, 2018).
- Musicians from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, with or without formal musical training. We welcome music of all genres, including but not limited to: traditional/folk, hip-hop, experimental, electronic, jazz, classical, sound design, beat-making, multimedia art, or any combination of these styles. In addition to full-time professional musicians, we also invite adventurous musicians who double as community organizers, instrument builders, writers, videographers, musicologists, educators, storytellers, dancers, shadow-puppeteers, and more.
OneBeat is a FREE program. The OneBeat program covers all Fellows’ travel, transportation, food, and lodging. We also offer a modest stipend. While we are not able to pay performance fees, OneBeat offers Fellows a chance to create new material, establish lifelong musical partnerships and friendships, learn new marketable skills, tour the US, and develop professional connections.
Applicants should plan to write about their musical background and interests as well as future projects and goals. Applicants will be asked to submit 3-5 samples of their solo and collaborative work (both audio and video are accepted).
- Musical Excellence – A high level of performance, composition, improvisational, production and/or technological skill. Ideally, OneBeat musicians will be innovating stylistically, lyrically, or technologically within their musical worlds.
- Collaboration – Applicants’ willingness to reach across cultural and musical divides in creating original music or re-interpreting traditional music, while respecting the essence of each tradition. Applicants should be prepared to try new things musically.
- Social Engagement – Musicians who have used music to serve their communities or greater societies. This might consist of guiding young people in music education, addressing social or political issues through musical content, reviving dying musical traditions, and more.
- Age – Applicants must be between 19-35 years old.
- English Proficiency – Applicants should be able to converse in and understand basic English, as it will be the common language of the OneBeat program.
- Country or Territory of Origin – OneBeat Fellows must currently live full-time in one of the 40 eligible countries and territories. We also seek applicants who have not travelled extensively to the U.S. or have rarely performed in the U.S.
- Internet Proficiency – Whenever possible, OneBeat Fellows should actively use email and be able to connect to the internet to participate in OneBeat website-based activities.
DEADLINE: Applications are due by 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time, USA) February 9, 2018.
NOTIFICATION: Applicants will be notified of the review panel decision by the end of May 2018.
PROGRAM: OneBeat 2018 will take place from September 12 – October 14, 2018.
CONTACT: If you have questions please contact email@example.com.
Apply Online before the deadline Feb 9, 2018.