LAHORE: The Chief Minister’s Strategic Reforms Unit has launched ‘Women on Wheels (WoW): Motorbike Subsidy Scheme’, as phase-II of its Women on Wheels project. Uner this project 3,000 motorcycles will be giving to women at subsidised rates.
The Punjab government would provide equity subsidy of Rs.24,975 and 100 per cent mark-up on each motorbike. Each applicant will make down payment of Rs.27,000 and pay 12 easy monthly installments of Rs.1,856.
The motorbikes will be customised as;
- Pink colour,
- CD-70 Dream
- Having Leg guards
- A carrier bag.
Applications would be received in the designated branches of BoP from Monday 22nd January, 2018 to 25th February, 2018. The campaign is geared towards empowering women.
- Age limit = 18 to 40 years.
- Valid learner’s or actual licence
- Punjab domicile
- Employed/own a business or students
- Permanently residing in any of these districts – Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Faisalabad and Rawalpindi
- Monthly income of the applicant, or her family, in case of students, should not exceed Rs.30,000
- Students must attach an express consent of their parents/guardians who should also be quoted as guarantors
- The applicants must possess valid secondary school/matriculation certificates.
- Application should have the following documents;
- Passport sized photograph
- A copy of the valid CNIC
- Punjab domicile certificate
- Secondary school/matriculation certificate, and
- In case of students, an affidavit stating that the maximum income does not exceed Rs30,000.
Application fee is Rs.3,000.
Applications could be submitted in the following BoP branches:
- GC University Branch and Madina Town Branch in Faisalabad,
- Gulgasht Colony Branch and Model Town Branch in Multan,
- Gule Akra Plaza Branch and U.A.A.R Campus Branch in Rawalpindi,
- Club Chowk Branch and University Road Branch in Sargodha, and
- New Muslim Town Branch, MM Tower Branch, University of Education-Township Branch, Services Hospital Branch and DHA Phase VI Branch in Lahore.
The chief minister will conduct the balloting. The successful candidates will participate in Women on Wheels Mega Rally.